Working With Leading YouTube Influencers: A How To Guide
The emergence of social networks has revolutionized the promotion of goods and services. Marketers began actively using social media to attract an audience, maximize brand loyalty, and increase sales. In our article, we show exclusive insights on how to build a powerful influencer marketing campaign on social media.
What is Influencer marketing?
Influencer marketing is the process of promoting and selling products or services through individuals capable of driving action from your target audience.
The basic principle of impact marketing is native and unobtrusive advertising, presented in the form of a friendly recommendation from a famous person.
Influence marketing objectives:
- Increase brand awareness
- Engage the target audience
- Review the product and service
- Increase conversion rates and coverage
- Create the "correct positioning" of the product/service
- Increase sales
- Attract the audience to the product's social networks
Influencer marketing challenges:
- Scouting the target influencers to promote the product
- Verifying the quality of the influencer audience
- Ensuring the safety of the brand's image
- Creating the content that inspires an audience
- Improving the content according to market trends
The most important part of this type of promotion is to find influencers who provide outstanding performance and know how to promote your product. Let's dive more deeply into this task. Who are influencers? How do you attract them? How do you make influencers the best friends of your brand?
An influencer is a person who is regarded as an expert within their particular field that also has a steady following.
Influencers fall into several categories:
1. By the number of subscribers:
- Celebrity influencers are famous individuals who are well-known around the world with an audience of over 1 million subscribers. They are usually famous for being actors, singers, musicians, TV personalities, etc.
- Macro influencers have a large social media following, usually over 500K followers.
- Rising stars are influencers with a fast-growing online audience. They usually have between 100K – 500K followers. Micro influencers have a small social media audience of 5,000 – 20,000 followers.
- Nano influencers are the smallest category of influencer. They will have between 1,000 – 5,000 followers who engage with their niche content.
2. By niche:
2. By Social networks:
Types of influencer marketing campaigns
Influencer marketing requires a targeted campaign. You won't achieve strategic success just by paying an influencer with a large audience. Therefore, the first thing you need to do is create a marketing strategy. Implementing your marketing strategy will depend on the formats and tools you choose to influence the audience.
There are several promotion formats:
- Review: A review is content that explores the advantages and disadvantages of a product or service. The format can be any: post, stories, video, or live broadcast.
- Integration: Integration is a more native advertising format in which the influencer mentions your product/service.
- Giveaway: A giveaway is a contest on a social network with valuable prizes.
- Unpacking: Unpacking is content that includes a review and testing of the product on camera.
- Pre-roll: A pre-roll ad is a video advertisement that automatically plays directly before a featured video.
- Product placement: Product placement is an element of hidden advertising when a product image/logo flashes in the frame.
- Ambassadorship: It is the attraction of a socially active person who will represent your brand and publicly express their sympathy for the product.
How to find influencers in Nox Influencer?
You can find influencers using Nox Influencer using the following guide:
Choose a category or select keywords
For example, you represent a gaming startup. Enter the keywords suitable for your game into the search bar or select the category "game."
We got over 10,000 relevant accounts. You'll need to configure search filters to make the selection more accurate and fit your requirements.
Select settings for search filters
The search filter will help you to form a query more accurately. This will allow you to get a narrower sample. You can configure:
- By audience: area, gender, audience quality.
- By influencers: region, language, age, gender.
- By statistics of influencers: engagement rate, number of subscribers, publication date, views/comments.
After you find potential influencers, you can get a detailed report. Metrics that will help assess the quality of the influencer profile:
- Geography of subscribers (where they are located geographically)
- Approximate earnings
- Engagement rates
You should also pay attention to the growing audience. The growth should be gradual, without sharp leaps. The graph below shows what the «qualitative» growth of subscribers looks like.
Contact the influencer
Nox Influencer allows you to contact an influencer directly. Formulate your commercial offer. It should be clear and specific. Tell the influencer a little bit about your product, what kind of cooperation is offered, and the payment model. Show an individual approach.
Track all the necessary metrics, enter data, set goals for employees, and always have convenient access to all essential information.
The advantages and disadvantages of influencer marketing
Like all other marketing methods, this one also has its advantages and disadvantages. Let's consider the main ones.
The advantages and disadvantages of influencer marketing
- Increase brand awareness: Influencer marketing allows brands to talk about their product to a vast audience. This tool plays a key role when the brand enters new markets or launches a new product. Influencer marketing helps to stand out from competitors and generate a big buzz.
- Powerful content: Influencers are masters at creating content. This is fantastic for brands since influencers can create top-notch, user-generated content about your product/service that you can then share on your platform.
- Native advertising: Building your influencer content plan to include the different types of content from influencers and utilizing targeted native ads is a highly effective digital strategy for measurable growth.
- Choosing the wrong influencer: There is quite a significant risk of spending a large budget on an influencer with a low-quality audience and not getting the proper coverage or content of the quality that was expected.
- Difficulty in tracking the company's results: Tracking a campaign and its results in influencer marketing is much more complicated and inconvenient. You will have to resort to additional influencer marketing tools that will help you gain access to the campaign and track its results.
Summing up, we can say that influencer marketing is a reasonably effective means of promotion. It allows you to announce your product anywhere in the world and attract a new audience.